9.29.2009

Funny, that.

There's a question in The Vanity Fair Proust Questionnaire that asks Which words or phrases do you most overuse? It's by far my favourite question in the questionnaire. For me, it would have to be "It's funny..." which is my inarticulate way to express fascination with one of my strange observations or thoughts, of which there are many (fascinations as well as strange observations).

A friend once called me out on saying "It's funny..." so often because she found herself using it constantly and could not for the life of her figure out where she picked it up from. I just looked at her guiltily. But, I secretly gloated: I'm usually the one who spongily starts talking like my friends, so knowing that it works both ways made me happy.

It's funny, then, that after a few weeks away from blogging (which feels like eons in blog time) that it is this very space that connects me to an exciting opportunity. I'll be collaborating with a dear friend, Laurie McGregor to produce an installation at City of Craft! My obsession with fire escapes continues to pay off creatively; Laurie and I will be using the escapes to explore links between craft and urban space. It's going to be a lot of work and also very exciting. Did I say exciting? It's exciting.

Here are a few photos that will likely be incorporated in the installation. Did I mention that I'm excited?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is SO exciting! LOVE these photos and can't wait to see what you come up with... Does this mean our swap is on hold for a bit? No probs. Have fun!! :) K

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!!! What a wonderful opportunity. I can't wait to see it in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I'm excited for you! :) That black and white of the fire escape looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete