11.25.2009

My first interview!

My friend Laurie and I were recently interviewed about our upcoming installation at City of Craft. You can read it here.

Laurie and I wrote our answers in two parts and I think they reflect our voices really well. It's strange to tell people about all of this, but I figure that no one else is going to do it for me.

A part of me wishes that we'd sat down with an old tape deck and pressed record for an hour, then handing in the transcript, though what a verbose product that would be! You know when you read those rambling interviews between artists who are also friends? I love them because I always feel a part of their multi-layered relationship. I read one between the musician Bjork, and a creative director of Interview Magazine, Mathias Augustyniak. They discuss collaborations between Bjork, creative directors Michaƫl Amzalag and Mathias Augustyniak, and photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin to produce any and all imagery related to Bjork's musical career, including album covers. Check it out here.

Do you remember this album? When it was first released I was enthralled by the cover and the alien-like music.
Bjork, Homogenic, 1997

1 comment:

  1. Great interview Jen - congratulations!! Love Bjork :) K

    ReplyDelete