4.29.2009

Fast

I did a reading fast: not as in quickly, as in abstain. It was difficult because reading comforts me more than I realized. It was like I had no security blanket. So many lessons learned. But, now I'm back. This book found me yesterday at Pages so I bought it as a reward for surviving the fast. It's well-designed, thoughtful and inspiring. Three things I strive to be everyday.

You should get it, too. May it make you as happy as it makes me. It's Drawing From Life: The Art of the Journal by Jennifer New.

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer wants to be like Jennifer. :P Are you sure you didn't buy the book so you can pretend that it's yours? I wouldn't hold you against it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only noticed the author's name after I bought it, I swear! But, it's so perfect. It's still Jennifer, but it's New.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I'm sure you owned Converse when you were 11 I'm sure. But isn't it the cutest? I just want to watch the laces bounce up and down.

    I posted photos of the birthday lunch if you're interested in seeing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really should. I'll move in with you. We'll set up by the clocks or better yet, by that platter of dessert by the entrance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what your fingers are doing in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete